Cruel and Curious Rum was devised as an exercise in Branding and Marketing for an arts show in North Cornwall.
Collaboration between distiller, photographer, graphic designer and curator a run of 500 souvenir bottles were made to give out at the show. The Brief was to produce a historical traditional rum from molasses, with branding that reflected the rocky coastline and history.
The Cruel & Curious show has been occurring at Stowe Barton for the last 10 years. It celebrates the coastline at the turn of the winter season. Arts of all styles are shown over two days with food and bar and live music.
For the final show I worked with Neil Stewart to create a rum that would act as a fitting remembrance of the event and test our ability in conceptual branding and marketing for North Cornwall.
It was a lot of fun to distil a traditional style rum with the distiller, work out a branding that was upbeat, fun and reflected the location, build a shop to sell it from, and share a few tales with visitors over some sips.
If you are a business owner in North Cornwall and want help with marketing or branding get in touch. It is important to have a strong brand and marketing strategy in place. This will help you to reach your target audience and promote your products or services effectively.
Tips for branding and marketing in North Cornwall:
- Develop a strong brand identity. Your brand is what sets you apart from your competitors. It is important to have a clear and concise understanding of your brand values and what you want your brand to represent. Once you have a good understanding of your brand, you can start to develop a visual identity, such as a logo and color scheme, that reflects your brand values.
- Target your marketing efforts. Not everyone is interested in the same things. It is important to identify your target audience and tailor your marketing messages accordingly. Once you know who you are targeting, you can choose the right marketing channels to reach them.
- Tell your story. People are more likely to do business with brands that they can relate to. Tell your story through your marketing materials and website. This could include your company’s history, mission, values, and team. If you need copywriting consider us to find words to make you shine.
- Use high-quality visuals. North Cornwall is a beautiful place, so make sure to use high-quality visuals in your marketing materials. This could include photos and videos of the local scenery, your products or services, and your team. We offer good photography rates for your business.
- Get involved in the community. One of the best ways to promote your brand is to get involved in the local community. This could include sponsoring events, donating to charities, or volunteering your time.
Neil Stewart Neil Stewart Studio Concept
Dan Fear Think Associates Graphic Design
Tom Read The Cornish Distilling Co. Recipe and distiller